What to do in case of a claim?
Accident – Collision – Burglary – Theft – Fire
In the event of an incident which may give rise to a claim please act as if you were uninsured. At the earliest safe opportunity please report the incident to us so that we may provide you with appropriate advice. If you wish to speak to us, please telephone at our Emergency Helpline number.
The check list below is not exhaustive but please do follow it as best as you can in the circumstances.
- Do what you can to minimize the damage
- Notify us as soon as possible, giving a contract phone/fax number and email address
- Take photographs and notes of any damage or material evidence and send them to us
- In cases of theft, vandalism, explosion or fire, notify the Police as well as ourselves and you must get a Police incident number
- Do not agree on any fixed costs for salvage. Please use the Lloyd's Open Form which offers you and the insurers some legal protection against unscrupulous salvers
- In cases of collision, provide us with the name and address of the other party and their insurers
- If your insurers appoint a surveyor to assess the damage, we recommend that you be present
- Collect all invoices and forward them to us as soon as possible to achieve a prompt settlement
Pantaenius has a reputation for settling claims fairly and quickly which we are proud of, so please help us to help you and safeguard your investment.
You can reach us via phone from Monday till Friday 8h to 18h: +49 40 37 09 10